Pierogi with ground pork
Polish Recipes - Vegetable salad
- 3 medium to large potatoes, boiled, peeled and diced
- 6 large carrots, boiled, peeled and diced
- 2 large kosher dill pickles, diced
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1 can (15oz) sweet peas, well drained
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- some parsley or green onions to decorate
- if you like, you can add 1/2 finely chopped onion to make the taste even richer
In a large bowl mix all ingredients. Place the salad into desired either big serving bowl or smaller bowls for individual use.
Decorate with green sweet peas, cooked carrots, fresh tomatoes, parsley or green onions. You can also use finely grated egg yolk.
The more creative decoration the tastier it looks. Refrigerate for few hours before serving. This will allow the flavor of all ingredients to blend together.